Sunday, August 17, 2008

This is the shirt that gave me fits yesterday


See? I told you it was just a simple peasant top.

I think it turned out cute even after pulling out and re-doing all the shirring. The body of the shirt was shirred too tightly after the first attempt. I pulled that out and went with a blue ribbon (same color as the bow in the photo) across the front that tied in back. It was very cute and then I pressed the shirt after it was done. Can you see where I'm going with this?

Yeah, the iron was too hot for the ribbon and it melted it a little bit. I couldn't believe how dumb I was. So I got my trusty seam ripper and took the ribbon off. I decided to go back to the 2 lines of shirring for future practicality purposes and rewound the elastic thread on the bobbin to be a bit looser. After that I was *finally* done and glad for it!

This pattern is from Ottobre 1/2007, #16, size 110cm. I modified it a bit to lengthen it and did away with all the lines of shirring (how many times in the last two posts can I say shirring?) at the bottom.

No comments: