Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 2008 047

Here is a snapshot of what a pattern sheet looks like in Ottobre. I use lightweight sew in interfacing as a pattern medium. I previously used that tracing material with the dots on it (sorry don't know the technical name), but I like the stiffer interfacing better. It's all personal preference.

Other patterns that need to be traced look like this as well, but are often all in black and white. Sometimes the lines for each size are slightly different to help with tracing.

Lots of people are intimidated by the aspect of tracing after looking at these kinds of patterns. It's really not too bad! And if you do mess up, so what? Try again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:thud That does look mighty confusing! One of these days I will dig out the dress pattern that I have and make something for Enna!