Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sometimes things just go wrong

You think you're just going to sew a simple shirt. Then as you're constructing it, every step just seems to go wrong. I think no matter how long you've been sewing everyone has days like this.

Today was a day like that for me. I'm in the middle of making a simple peasant shirt. I've made many of them so no problem, right? Shouldn't have been! From sewing the back on sideways to the sleeve (which amazingly matched in length to the wrong edge I attached), to shirring too tightly, to incorrectly lengthening the front and back pieces... Maybe if I'd had a few it would go along better.

On top of that, I went to remove a needle from my serger to do a rolled hem and can't find my allen wrench anywhere. I always keep it on my magnetic needle tray - that thing not only attracts metal but my son as well. No matter how many times I tell the kids to not touch Mommy's sewing stuff they can't seem to help themselves.

So now my serger's allen wrench is missing, probably at the bottom of his toy box or that place where lone socks go. Super hubby came to the rescue with a little set of allen wrenches so all was not lost.

Thankfully, all the errors are fixable and I think it will come out even cuter after a certain design change. I will be sure to post it when it's finished.

On a good note, I sewed the matching headband correctly on the first try. Woo!

No comments: