Thursday, October 22, 2009

A couple of years ago I bought way too many snaps from the Snap Source (love them!). I have more snaps than I know what to do with. So whenever I find a cute and easy project that involves using up some of my snap stash, I'm all for it!

Last night I was cruising the sewing and craft blogs and came across this cute needle book tutorial. I had the perfect fat quarter of some Japanese canvas Little Red Riding Hood fabric that I knew would be great for this.

I love the way it turned out, even if I did have to decide to close it the opposite way of the tutorial. That'll teach me to not pay attention to the direction of the fabric pattern when I'm cutting something out. Next time I'll be on the ball, I swear.



Here is my first version, because I'm definitely making more of these, the Little Letter Needle Book:



Little Letter Needle Book

Little Letter Needle Book

1 comment:

Skebba said...

I love your blog title - completely my sentiments!

That's funny, I recently ordered a snap machine and gazillions of snaps, and now I'm wondering what I'm going to do with them all! Maybe I should make a gazillion needle books.

I love the fabric you used, I'm soo into Japanese fabric - isn't it perfect for small projects like this?

I think it looks cute the way you closed it - it looks like it's done on purpose, to create a closed envelope. Clever.

Thanks for adding these to the Flickr pool as well!

Cheers,
Kelly.