Tuesday, October 27, 2009

50s day at school


poodleskirt, originally uploaded by pearljamfanatic.

Today at the kids' school they are doing a 50s theme. They're supposed to be "twisting out drugs" or something like that. Anyway, I couldn't let this chance go by without dressing my girl up in a poodle skirt. Soon she won't let me do things like that. :)

This is just a simple circle skirt out of purple felt. It's not even hemmed, just a simple waistband with elastic. I went to all the stores around to buy a poodle applique, but being so close to Halloween, they were out of all but the tiny ones. Then I ordered one off of eBay (just me being lazy), but it still hasn't arrived. Luckily, Embroider This! has a free poodle embroidery pattern on their site and I was able to finish the skirt. The embroidery came out nicely and she was thrilled!

No comments: