Sunday, April 26, 2009

I just finished a new outfit for the girl. I'm trying so hard to use up fabrics from my stash. I can't remember the last time I bought fabric! Most of that is because I was in a sewing slump, so I was able to avoid it. Lately, though, I've loaded up my cart at the Chez Ami fabric clearance and emptied it more than once. The temptation is huge!

Anyway, on to the outfit. I bought this stripe a long time ago. I believe it's a cotton/lycra blend; it's very drapey. I thought the yellow accents and the green of the pants went together pretty well.



The girl likes it and is sitting next to me going through my Ottobres and making me a list. 99% of the items on her list are skirts and dresses, things I don't make a whole lot of for her. I guess she's decided to take charge!



My ego's been given a boost lately because the boy and the girl have been wanting all the sewing done for them. I had to tell them that I will alternate. So just for the record, I did make him three pairs of boxer briefs in between the heart skirt and this newest outfit. He prefers mom's underwear over the store bought underwear, I think because the elastic is covered by fabric in the mama made ones. It's pretty good when you can beat out Batman underwear!

No comments: