Monday, April 13, 2009

"Hertta" skirt




Here is the "Hertta" skirt from the 1/2009 issue of Ottobre Design. This one is a size 116. The only change that I left out is the petersham drawstring ribbon. I could just see that thing coming undone, untied, and the girl can't tie a bow yet. I envisioned a big knot mess or else it being pulled out altogether. Maybe a sewn on bow on the front of the waistband would be better.

Speaking of waistbands....ick. I'm really not fond of them. Maybe it's because I'm not good at them. What's the matter with a normal elastic waist treatment on a skirt like this? Next time that's what I plan to do.

The girl will love this. She was so excited watching me sew it up this evening. The next step will be to make up a top to go with it!

1 comment:

Kathya said...

falling on LOVE with this skirt. :D