Sunday, May 3, 2009

Teacher appreciation week

This coming week is teacher appreciation week. On Friday the kids brought home a paper that gave them ideas for something to do for their teacher each day of the week. Monday's idea is to bring a little treat for her, so we came up with a couple of cute things that I could sew and they could give.

First up is this cute patchwork apple made from more of my Moda Uptown scraps. I used the basic instructions from the tutorial at The Wool Food Mama's blog here. I did the leaves a bit differently. The girl is happy to give this to her teacher tomorrow!



The other item is for the boy to gift. We bought a composition notebook and made a cute cover for it as in this tutorial at Joy's Hope. It was easy and fast and is super cute. I want to make some for me!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Love it!!! I am sitting down to make the apple right now. Thanks for the link and idea.