Sunday, November 29, 2009

Advent calendar


Advent calendar, originally uploaded by pearljamfanatic.

Finished it just in time!

I went on a search for an advent calendar tutorial without pockets. I wanted something different than the norm, something that I wouldn't have to think hard about what to put in pockets. I'm too lazy for that (and cheap).

I came across Wee Folk Art's Advent Tree tutorial and went for it. I liked the hand sewing aspect, which allowed me to stay warm by the fireplace while working on it. I also was able to use up a good bit of a box of 1" buttons I'd bought a while ago that I never used.

You might not be able to tell from the picture, but the star has a button hole, and it starts at the bottom. Each day, a lucky kid (in our case) gets to move it up to the next number. They are already stoked to begin. :)

2 comments:

Michelle@WeeFolkArt said...

That turned out wonderfully. My kids can't wait to get started either. Thanks for sharing!

Kimara said...

This is my favorite part of designing for Wee Folk Art... seeing other people make our projects. I love the fabric in the border. Hope you and your family have great fun counting down the days til Christmas. I'm going to share this link on WFAs FB. :)