Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day dress

I needed some motivation to sew and Valentine's Day was it. I decided that I had just enough Chez Ami hearts fabric left to make the girl a cute little dress for her school's Valentine's Day activities.

The pattern I used has become quite the standby in our house, as it's easy and fast to make and the girl loves the style because it's so comfortable. Well, actually we only use the knit dress part of the Farbenmix Olivia pattern, and I often alter it a little bit with this time being no exception.

Valentine's Day dress

I made it into a curved bodice style instead of all one front piece. I also left off the hood and the pocket. I shortened the short sleeve a bit and finished the edges with binding instead of hemming. I used a size 110/116 cm here.

She woke up and was thrilled with her new little dress!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Corey! You are so talented, I wish I could sew like this, dresses cost a fortune! Want to make Enna some :giggle I love seeing your work!

Deirdre said...

I am just checking out your blog for the first time, I love all the clothes you make for the kids Corey, you really are very talented x