Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blogs, potholders, and tutorials


November 2008 024, originally uploaded by pearljamfanatic.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! I took a little break from blogging and sewing to just sit back and enjoy time with my family. Now, I'm anxious and ready to get back to sewing!

First, I wanted to mention a blog I came across recently which I love. Well, more than the blog, I love the things they create and show in it! Beautiful handcrafted items from a pair of sisters down under. They publish their own patterns as well.

Melly & Me

Here is one of the potholders I've made to replace my own ratty ones that needed to be tossed. I used more of the Moda fabric that I've had for far too long. I think I'm going to see just how many things I can make from this fat quarter collection. The tally so far is 3 pillows, three potholders, and one bag.

A tutorial for making potholders like the one I made can be found at BubbaChic, along with more cute ideas!

No comments: