Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's old is new

Check out what the UPS guy brought to the house in three large packages yesterday!

05d0_3

The husband got it for me for Christmas, although his surprise was ruined because one box had an old rusty bolt sticking out. I knew he had bought me something on eBay and it was large and that I'd been talking about my grandmother's old treadle Singer. I only had to put two and two together. :)

It's a Singer 115, dated 1915. You should see all the cool attachments that came with it - ruffler foot, tucking foot, binding attachment, what looks to be the original manual, and more. Here's a picture of all that stuff.

0c67_3

The machine is in working condition already, though I had to order a new belt. The cabinet is in pretty good condition but I need to do some cleaning, same with the machine itself.

I'll be sure to post new pictures once we get it all done!

No comments: